Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bad!..... Bad Bambi!!!

 

We responded, assuming by the time we got there the deer would be gone," said Cpl. Brian.

When they arrived, five or six minutes after the 911 call, "we pull up, and immediately hear her screaming. There's a lot of equipment, farm machinery, rubble all around this house, and we weren't sure where she was at. We split up -- we were trying to find her, assuming she was screaming because of injuries to him.

"But I get to the back yard and find her pinned to the ground by a large buck. He had his front feet straddling her, one on each side of her torso."

The buck was goring the woman in the chest, neck and face, he said.

"Obviously I had to do something to stop it. But even from 8 or 10 feet I didn't want to shoot the deer -- his upper body was right down by her chest. And I wasn't sure exactly where Trooper Wilcox was. So I picked up the left horn, I pulled it toward me on the left side and that got the buck up high enough off her that I could get a shot. I immediately started shooting it in the chest. It took off and ran almost directly into Trooper Wilcox," who had come around from a different side of the house. "He shot it several more times and put it down."

Source: Couple severely injured in deer attack

 

Technorati Tags: -

No comments: