Friday, December 01, 2006

Bush's Body Language Says "I'm Afraid"

This is from Daily Kos. More info on the 'Psychology' if you follow the link. 

Sometimes, non-verbal communication--that aspect of how we talk that does not involve words--carries the most meaning in a given situation.  

Such was the case during President Bush's recent press conference in Amman, Jordan.  Having read the transcript of this press conference to analyze the President's repetition of the word "success,"  I then went over to C-SPAN  to watch the video footage.  What I saw in that footage took me by surprise, adding an entirely unexpected dimension to my  thinking about the way President Bush attempted to frame Iraq.  With his words, Bush said, "Success, success, success!"  But with every other aspect of his being--his gestures, his tone, his disposition, his glances--President Bush was saying:  I'm afraid.

The President of the United States was the very image of fear in this Amman press conference.   And that image of fear was more revealing than any words coming out of President Bush's mouth, today.

Source: Daily Kos: Frameshop: Bush's Body Language Says "I'm Afraid"

 

Technorati Tags: -

No comments: