Thursday, November 02, 2006

What Republicans Call 'Spin' the Rest of The World Calls 'Lies'

This link is a good read, especially for the last few paragraphs. 

He told me the night before that he heard from one of the teachers that, because of the magnitude of the expected storm, classes had been called off in advance for the next day. We found out later that night that this information was incorrect, that a preemptive snow-day had not been called and my little boy promptly apologized for "lying."
I asked at the time if he knew that a snow-day had really not been called and, when he replied that he really did believe his information was correct, I explained that he had simply been mistaken and that he had not lied. If he had found out at 6:00 PM that his information was wrong, I said to him, telling me at 7:00 PM that school had already been canceled would indeed have been a lie.
My little boy understands and acknowledges that obvious distinction -- Republicans do not.

Source: What Republicans Call 'Spin' the Rest of The World Calls 'Lies'

No comments: